Dental Implants Benefits
In the past, the only cosmetic and functional options available for people with missing teeth were dentures and bridges. Advancement in technology now offers a more permanent solution for missing teeth called dental implants.
Dental implants are designed to replace the roots of teeth that cannot be saved by traditional methods, such as root canal. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth in size, shape and color.
Dental implants are tiny titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone where teeth are missing. These metal anchors act as tooth root substitutes. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth. Small posts, called abutments, are then attached to the implant which protrude through the gums. These posts provide stable anchors for artificial replacement teeth.
Dental implants are changing the way people live. Today it is possible to replace a full jaw with dental implants and a fixed bridge that results in a permanent, stable and highly esthetic solution.
Benefits of dental implants over traditional dentures:
- Improved appearance – Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Improved speech – Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort – Since they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating – Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem – Dental implants can restore your smile and help you feel great.
- Improved oral health – More of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability – With good care, many implants last a lifetime.